Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Soccer

We've now learned the Wi-Fi passwords for enough cafés in town that we can pretty easily check our email by walking through. More specifically, we can check our soccer blogs. We've been spending a lot of our work time in cafés and our recreational time at one of a couple of little bars, so we've been following the World Cup pretty thoroughly. And I love the enthusiasm of the Spanish announcers, but I don't follow what they're saying.

So we've been thoroughly reading The Shin Guardian and Zonal Marking when I need to procrastinate. That and playing games on Ana's iPhone--somehow thousands of miles away my vices are pretty much the same. I guess I should have known that, given that I spent last summer learning the rules of cricket. I didn't manage to find any cricket strategy blogs, though.

I've been thoroughly enjoying watching these games. The American in me objects to the flopping, but I was watching the NBA before I left, so I've gotten a little used to it. And, unsurprisingly, Spanish games are fun to watch here.

But, for now, I have to go back to writing about horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment