Monday, July 26, 2010

San Sebastian Again

We did go drink (eat?) the ham coffee last night, in a lightning strike on the tapas bar I mentioned last time. Unfortunately the last bus to Hondarribia leaves San Sebastian at around 10, so we didn't have much time to soak up the atmosphere.

We had spent most of the afternoon lounging on the beach after a long and decadent lunch. Shan and Travis sunned themselves, while Ana and I engaged in some serious sand-castle architecture. We completed keep, cathedral, moat, drawbridge, and two ring walls before it was time to go bob on the waves. I'm surprisingly proud of this, perhaps because I keep seeing kids with crenellated buckets that made everything easy. Our extra fifteen or so years of experience meant we could build without cheating, drawing plans in the sand and then building up and decorating with seashells and sea weeds.

There was more, but since then I've mostly been drawing sand castles in my notebook. If graduate school doesn't work out, I may become a sand micro-architect.

No comments:

Post a Comment